The Department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences at the Eindhoven University of Technology invites applications for Assistant Professors in Intelligence Augmentation.
Current developments in digitization, robotization, automation, and artificial intelligence are drastically changing our society and how individuals interact with each other and with technology. The research group Human-Technology Interaction (HTI) is actively involved in studying these developments by building its research on a disciplinary foundation in the social sciences (mainly cognitive and social psychology, and perception), yet explicitly strives to bridge and contribute to interdisciplinary research fields in multiple areas as varied as human-computer interaction, affective computing, decision-making and human-data interaction, and environmental psychology. HTI is responsible for the Bachelor program Psychology & Technology at TU/e, serving 300 students, and its corresponding Master program Human-Technology Interaction, serving 100 students. Both are internationally oriented programs, with a strong combination of interdisciplinary science, research methodology, and societal application.
In this Assistant Professor in Intelligence Augmentation research, the candidate will;
- initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research in Human Technology Interaction;
- teach and co-develop inspiring and high-quality courses in Bachelor and Master Programs of the school of Innovation Sciences;
- initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects;
- assist in the supervision of Ph.D. students, and contribute to the management of the group and the department.
Duration: 5 years
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 11 (min. €3.974 max. €5.439).
- An attractive starting package.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- A dedicated mentoring program to help them get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- High-quality training programs for academic leadership and teaching.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children’s day care and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and partner career support.
They seek applicants with the following qualifications:
- Motivated researcher, with a PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Technology Interaction, Human-Centred AI, Applied Psychology, or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high-quality academic research, reflected in demonstrable outputs, such as journal papers and conference contributions.
- Motivated to teach, contribute to teaching processes, and to develop excellent teaching skills.
- Teaching at both BSc and MSc level (formally, up to 50% of employment time).
- Willingness and ability to coordinate one or more courses.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Effective communication, organization, and leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring of students and staff.
- Excellent (written and verbal) proficiency in English.
Interested applicants are welcome to apply for the Assistant Professor in Intelligence Augmentation with the following documents.
- Cover letter in which they describe their motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of their publications and the contact information of three references.
- Description of their scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of their teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
To apply for the Assistant Professor in Intelligence Augmentation, click here.
Deadline: June 01, 2023.
For more information on the Assistant Professor in Intelligence Augmentation, visit the official site.