The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) Twente University is looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Professor in Multiscale Analysis of Polymer Composites to expand their new group of Computational Design of Structural Materials.
As an assistant professor, a successful applicant will work in the new group of Computational Design of Structural Materials within the Department of Mechanics of Solids, Surfaces, and Systems (MS3) of the Faculty of Engineering Technology. He/she should have the ambition of establishing independent research in the field of Multiscale Analysis of Polymer Composites, working in close collaboration with colleagues from various research groups, external academics, and industrial partners.
In this position, the candidate will focus on multi-scale numerical modeling of the microstructure-property relations in polymer composite materials, including the interphases and interfaces between the constituents contained. Affinity with experimental characterization in this field is considered a plus. With his/her expertise, the candidate will further strengthen the faculty position in the optimization of the processing and performance of elastomers, polymers, and polymer composites.
Duration: A full-time position for 1 year, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.
The position of Assistant Professor in Multiscale Analysis of Polymer Composites offers:
- A gross salary between € 3.800,- and € 5.922,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications;
- A 30% tax ruling option and solid pension scheme;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
The Assistant Professor position in Multiscale Analysis of Polymer Composites seeks:
- A PhD degree holder in technical sciences;
- Research expertise within the field of computational micro-mechanics analyses in structural materials with a link to experimental characterization and validation;
- Candidate with experience in research is apparent from publications in reputable academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences and other academic activities;
- A team player who proactively searches collaboration with adjoining research chairs within the department Mechanics of Solids Surfaces and Systems (MS3) at the University of Twente and beyond;
- Affinity for collaboration with the Dutch and European industry and with government agencies that are involved in advanced materials;
- Candidate with a good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- Candidate with experience in teaching in the sketched research field and a University Teaching Qualification.
Applications should include;
- a motivation letter,
- CV (with a list of publications and at least 2 references) and
- teaching and research motivation statement.
To apply Assistant Professor in Multiscale Analysis of Polymer Composites, click here.
Application Deadline: January 07, 2022.
For more information, Assistant Professor in Multiscale Analysis of Polymer Composites, visit the official site.