The Faculty of BMS, the Department of Technology, Human and Institutional Behaviour (section Psychology, Health & Technology) is looking for a highly motivated Assistant Professor with expertise in the fields of behavior change, citizen/patient engagement, smart sensor systems, and virtual reality technology.
With the help of their sizable consortium, they are able to link numerous clinical, patient, and knowledge organizations with the four technological universities in The Netherlands (Delft University of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology, University of Twente, and Wageningen University and Research). Candidates will be able to expand their area of expertise within this multidisciplinary team and create a cutting-edge network in the 4TUs for their upcoming career steps. They will work on citizen/patient engagement in the RECENTRE project by fusing the needs and desires of users today with the vividness and concreteness of their own person in the future. Digital twins and experimental adaptive virtual reality environments will be created in order to increase user engagement with the tailored recommendations and study changing health behavior.
- Depending on experience and qualifications, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges between € 3.974,- to € 5.439,
- an 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance
- an attractive solid pension scheme
- a start-up package that includes funding for the recruitment of 1 PhD candidate that can help in kick-starting his/her research;
- participation in training courses and individual guidance for their (personal) development
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- a family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners
Applicants for the Assistant Professor position in Psychology Health & Technology must meet the following requirements. Have;
- a strong interest and shown ability to collaborate in an academic, multidisciplinary environment and to achieve societal impact. In addition, they have experience in behavior change and virtual reality and are interested in developing adaptive VR environments
- demonstrate her or his intrinsic motivation and strong abilities for teaching, both lecturing and tutoring, designing and coordinating courses
- a PhD degree in a field related to health and psychology and expertise in behavioral change
- experience in working closely with citizens and patient groups
- excellent communication skills and are outstanding in communicating project results to different audiences and in scientific publications
- a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent, or are willing to acquire one
The school requests applicants to upload the following documents in the application portal;
- a CV,
- a motivation letter and
- List of publication
To apply for Assistant Professor in Psychology Health & Technology, click here.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.