The Department of Political Science and Public Administration at Vrije Universiteit offers a position for an assistant professor in public administration.
They are looking for expertise in the areas of quality (integrity) of governance, welfare governance, or governance of security.
They offer a position in a lively and engaged department that is dedicated to outstanding education, research, and societal impact in public governance. Take great pride in maintaining strong contacts with societal partners. At a faculty level, they offer a strong interdisciplinary research master’s program on approaching societal problems with computational social science. Professional support for the acquisition of research subsidies is available through the faculty’s research institute and the departmental AI Digital Governance Lab. At the inter-faculty level, they benefit from thematic cross-faculty collaborations around the VU theme ‘Governance for Society’ and more specific themes such as security, welfare, care, and migration.
- teach and develop courses at the bachelor and master level, and provide thesis supervision
- undertake independent research and publish international peer-reviewed publications
- apply for external research funding
- take on minor managerial duties
- where appropriate, co-supervise PhD students and mentor students and junior colleagues
- actively contribute to the scholarly community of the Department of Political Science and Public Administration
- On a full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of € 4,332 and a maximum € 6,737 depending on your experience.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a PhD degree (or very close to completion) in a relevant social science discipline, e.g. Public Administration or Political science
- an attractive research agenda and a proven track-record of publishing in high-quality international refereed journals
- demonstrable experience with high-quality academic teaching
- preferably in possession of a BKO (University Teaching Qualification)
- ability and willingness to apply for external research funding
- excellent command of the English language
- excellent command of the Dutch language
- the ability to work in a team as well as independently
Applications in a bundled .pdf should include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation
To apply for Assistant Professor in Public Administration at Vrije Universiteit, click here.
Deadline: November 12, 2023.
For more information on Assistant Professor in Public Administration at Vrije Universiteit, visit the official site.