The Department of Computer Science at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is looking for an assistant professor in security research with a focus on practical aspects of computer security.
As an assistant professor, the candidate will complement the well-known VUSec Systems Security Group in any synergetic area. The department values collaboration and strives to shape the future of the field with high-impact research.
Example areas of interest include (but are not limited to) software/firmware/hardware security, network security, web security, mobile/IoT security, language security, malware analysis, secure/adversarial machine learning, usable security, cyber-physical security, etc. Our hiring philosophy is to hire the best candidate for the position rather than someone in a narrowly defined research area.
As an Assistant Professor in Security Research, the duties thus include:
- pursue an active research program
- teach introductory and advanced classes at bachelor and master levels (typically 1 Master course and 1 Bachelor course)
- supervise undergraduate and graduate students
- perform small management tasks within the department.
- minimum gross monthly salary of €4,332 and a maximum €5,929
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment,
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus,
- solid pension scheme (ABP),
- contribution to commuting expenses,
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package,
- good child daycare facilities available on campus,
- good-paid parental leave arrangement
The candidate for the position of Assistant Professor in Security Research should:
- have a PhD in a computer science-related area
- have a strong international research profile, with excellent (international) visibility in the research community.
- complement the existing research group in systems security.
- have a track record in teaching computer science courses at university level
- can motivate and inspire students and colleagues
- have good interpersonal communication skills
- have English-language proficiency
Applications in one pdf should include:
- a full curriculum vitae and
- a letter of motivation
To apply for the Assistant Professor in Security Research (Career Track Position), click here.
Deadline: January 10, 2024.
For more information on Assistant Professor in Security Research (Career Track Position), visit the official site.