Applications are currently ongoing for Assistant Professor Mechanics Position at the University of Twente in the Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET).
As an assistant professor, the applicant will work in one of the groups of the Department Mechanics of Solids Surfaces and Systems (MS3), Faculty of Engineering Technology. His/her role will be to participate in teaching and support and develop the education of mechanics and materials courses for the BSc and MSc programs Mechanical Engineering and as such he/she will be engaged in educational development and innovation projects of the faculty. He/she will also supervise students in individual projects and graduation assignments, leading large student projects in the unique Project-Based Learning system. Finally, the applicant will play an active role in the further development and maturing of the master specialization High Tech Systems and Materials.
The groups in the department are closely collaborating on various topics related to the mechanics of high-end applications. In this framework, the research will be in one of the following fields:
- Material Science, covering metals, polymers and elastomers (chair Elastomer Technology Engineering;
- Nonlinear model reduction for dynamic based models (chair Applied Mechanics and Data Analysis;
- Computational or experimental nonlinear mechanics (chair Nonlinear Solid Mechanics
The Assistant Professor Mechanics Position offers:
- A gross salary between € 3.807,- and € 5.211,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications;
- A 30% tax ruling option and solid pension scheme;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, lecturers, educationalists, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
The Assistant Professor Mechanics Position eligibility criteria include:
- A PhD degree with a background in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience in education in an academic setting, not limited to lecturing only, but including – preferably leading – education development tasks;
- Leadership skills to build and support a team of lecturers working in a Module, encouraging them, while recognising their needs;
- A University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities or a similar qualification is valued highly;
- A standout colleague proactively searching collaboration with other lecturers and researchers;
- Affinity for collaboration with the Dutch and European high-tech industry and with government agencies that are involved in high-tech systems;
- Good communication skills and an excellent command of English.
- A cover letter of at most 1-page A4, explaining specific interests, the motivation for the application, and why he/she qualify for this position.
- A full Curriculum Vitae.
To apply for Assistant Professor Mechanics Position, click here.
Application Deadline: January 10, 2022.
For more information on Assistant Professor Mechanics Position, visit the official site.