The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS) at the University of Twente welcomes applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Energy-Efficient Communication Networks.
The DACS’s mission is to contribute to the development of responsible communication networks by performing top-quality research and educating talented students. For a wide range of critical applications, society is increasingly reliant on networks such as the Internet, 5G, and 6G. Ensuring the security, trustworthiness, and resilience of these networks is of the utmost importance.
Furthermore, as ICT systems including communication infrastructure are consuming an increasing share of heir worldwide energy consumption, a drastic increase of energy efficiency of communication networks is inevitable.
- The University offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 3974, to € 6181;
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid);
- A solid pension scheme;
- Free access to sport facilities on campus.
To be eligible for the position of Assistant Professor on Energy-Efficient Communication Networks, applicants must have:
- A strong interest and have shown ability to collaborate in an academic, multidisciplinary environment;
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline;
- Demonstrated the ability to perform high-quality research in a field relevant to the theme of energy and sustainability and to research done in the DACS group;
- Shown a willingness to acquire external funding and are prepared to expand their skills in this respect;
- Good communication skills and are a team player;
- Be fluent in English (knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage);
- A University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent, or you are willing to acquire one within three years.
Interested applicants are to send their application via the apply button below and include the following:
- A motivation letter, emphasizing their specific interest and motivation to apply for a PhD position in this research area.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including any publications if applicable, academic awards, and their working experience.
- 2 or 3 of your publications which hey deem most relevant to this vacancy.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: April 14, 2023.
For more information on Assistant Professor of Energy-Efficient Communication Networks, visit the official site.