The History of Art section at Radboud University in Nijmegen is looking for an Assistant Professor of the History and Theory of Architecture, preferably a generalist who has expertise in any of the following: the history of interior design; colonial architecture; cultural heritage; Asian or African architecture.
As an Assistant Professor candidate will be part of the Art History section of the department of History, Art History, and Classics at the Faculty of Arts and participate in its educational program on all levels. An inspiring teacher with a strong international research profile who demonstrates a global perspective on current academic and societal developments. He/she will be teaching BA and MA courses, primarily but not exclusively, in the history and theory of architecture (in Dutch and English), participating in annual, week-long medieval, renaissance, and modern art excursions (which are part of the BA curriculum), supervising students, participating in educational support activities such as tutoring, and actively contributing to the development of the curriculum.
The Faculty of the Arts at Radboud University is committed to diversity and inclusivity. Candidates from underrepresented groups are especially invited to apply.
Start Date: September 1, 2022.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,821 and a maximum of €5,943 depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience.
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 9 months.
- ability to use Radboud Dual Career and Family Care Services.
The ideal candidate for this position must have;
- a PhD in the History and Theory of Architecture.
- an (additional) expertise in any of the following: the History of Interior Design; Colonial Architecture; Cultural Heritage; Asian or African Architecture.
- a track record of international high-profile scholarly publications.
- a national and international network of contacts in academia as well as in the museum world and the ambition to fulfill a leadership position in their field.
- teaching experience and a strong teaching philosophy.
- a formal basic qualification in academic teaching (UTQ, for example the Dutch BKO), or are committed and able to obtain one within two years.
- Also, he/she must be a team player who is able to establish innovative connections with other staff members in research and teaching within the Faculty of Arts and beyond.
Interested applicants are to fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- CV, including a list of publications and the names and contact details of three references.
- A writing sample, preferably a published article.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.