The Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development at Utrecht University is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious colleague to further strengthen their group with a specific focus on nature-based solutions to climate adaptation and water.
Unsustainable land management and climate change have degraded ecosystems and natural carbon and water storage processes, leading to soil degradation and land subsidence as well as increased flooding and droughts. Meeting the Paris Climate Agreement by limiting global warming to below 1.5 – 2 degrees Celsius at the end of the 21 century requires negative greenhouse gas emissions. Much is expected of land-based negative emissions to sequester carbon by afforestation, reforestation, or soil and wetland restoration.
- The gross monthly starting salary – depending on qualifications and experience – ranges between €3,821 and €5,230
- Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8,3% per year.
- In addition, the candidate will have access to all equipment in the state-of-the-art laboratory infrastructure, coaching for teaching and supervision of researchers, and training and support regarding the acquisition of external funds.
- Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, and flexible employment conditions
Utrecht University will gladly receive applications from candidates who have:
- a PhD in a relevant field in environmental sciences;
- expertise in nature-based solutions for climate adaptation;
- an interest in academic teaching;
- a network for the acquisition of externally funded projects;
- a record of international peer-reviewed publications;
- can demonstrate English language proficiency at C1 level (CEFR or comparable to level 3 of the Lecturer Assessment Grid) or are prepared to obtain this level by training.
To apply as Assistant Professor on Nature-Based Solutions on Climate Adaptation and Water, applicants are to send the following documents:
- curriculum vitae
- a letter of motivation
- name and last name;
- title, year, and institute of PhD thesis;
- current position and name of the institute;
- the keyword of Expertise 1, Expertise 2, and Expertise 3;
- (e-mail) addresses of two referees;
- the titles and URLs of the three most relevant publications.
To apply as an Assistant Professor on Nature-Based Solutions on Climate Adaptation and Water, click here
Application Deadline: August 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.