The Department of Mechanical Engineering and the Control Systems Technology section at TU/e invites applications from women only for a new faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. ‘Assistant Professor position for a Woman in Control Systems Technology’
They will be offered the opportunity to establish an independent research group in collaboration with colleagues within and outside the department and at national and international institutions. Substantial starting packages to kick-start their career in their department are available. The school will provide support such as training programs for academic leadership and the university teaching qualification and an informal mentoring scheme to help candidates get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment. Candidates in all areas related to our research group Control Systems Technology will be considered, including, but not limited to:
- Mechatronics and motion control
- Systems and control
- Mechanical design
- Model-based and data-based control
- Physical modelling and identification of dynamical systems
- Cyber-physical systems and systems engineering
- Mechanical design and robotics for care and cure
- Automotive powertrains, automated driving, and mobility
- Control for energy systems and energy transition including solar fuels and plasma control.
- They will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
They seek a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Motivated researcher, with a successfully finished PhD.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated by a relevant PhD thesis and publications in high impact journals.
- Ability to teach or, assist in the teaching process, shown by experience as well as positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or, industry is an asset.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
Interested applicants for thee Professor position for a Woman in Control Systems Technology are to fill in the application form below.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter describing candidates motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of their publications and the contact information of three references.
- Description of their scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of their teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
To app Assistant Professor position for a Woman in Control Systems Technologyly, click here.
Application Deadline: March 13, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.