Twente University looking for a colleague with expertise in historical experimental formations of processing in the arts, concerning mechanical and automated implications in artistic practices.
Candidates will be based in the Arts and Culture department in the Theatre Studies, Music Studies, or Art Studies group. Arts and Culture is a large academic department that connects research and teaching in Art History, Heritage and Memory Studies, Museum Studies, Cultural Studies, Book Studies, Music Studies, and Theatre Studies. As a department, we appreciate and stimulate interdisciplinary collaborations. They will especially contribute to the new Bachelor’s program in Global Arts, Culture, and Politics, which includes four majors, of which AI, Art, and Media are of special interest to you. They, too, can contribute to Theatre Studies, Music Studies, and Art History, as well as to the interdisciplinary Research Master in Art and Performance Studies, depending on their specific expertise.
Duration: 4 years
The position of human artificial intelligence and machines in the arts includes the following:
- A gross monthly salary ranges between € 3,974 to € 6,181 dependent on relevant experience;
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- the opportunity to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams;
- excellent opportunities for study and personal development;
- an inspiring academic and international working environment in the heart of Amsterdam.
The position seeks applicants with:
- a PhD in Art History, Theatre History, Cultural History or Music History with a research focus on the relation between arts and technologies and/or machines;
- an international academic network in the research area concerned, or a willingness to develop one;
- demonstrable ability and ambition to obtain external research grants;
- experience with research-led teaching in a higher education context and a strong commitment to personal development in teaching
- good command of Dutch and English. If you do not speak Dutch, an active and passive command must be acquired within the first two years of the employment contract and the state examination for Dutch as a Second Language programme II must be passed;
- experience with digital and audio-visual teaching facilities and affinity with IT in university teaching;
- experienced in valorisation and practice-based education and/or research;
- good team player and versatile at all levels, capable of multidisciplinary co-operation;
- a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ), or willing to acquire this within the first two years of the employment contract.
Applications should include the following information (submitted in one.pdf):
- a letter of motivation;
- a detailed CV;
- the names and email addresses of two references who can provide letters of recommendation;
- a list of publications.
Deadline: March 09, 2023.
For more information on Assistant Professor Protohistory of Human Artificial Intelligence and Machines in the Arts , visit the official site