The Faculty of Aerospace Engineering at the Delft University of Technology is inviting applications for the position of Assistant Professor Tenure Track in Sustainable Aircraft Propulsion.
Global warming is one of the biggest challenges we currently facing and aviation alone is responsible for around 4-5 % of the anthropogenic causes of global warming. Aviation can be made sustainable by investigating new ultra-efficient propulsion architectures and alternative energy carriers. The choice of the propulsion system and energy carrier is fundamental as it dictates many of the other parameters concerning aircraft configuration. Research and education in these areas are crucial to preparing our engineers for the future.
Therefore, the focus of the scientific research will be on novel propulsion architecture fundamentals and applications and requires a background in thermodynamics, combustion, heat transfer, turbomachinery, electrical systems, etc, and a multi-disciplinary approach to integrating these various components to reduce energy usage and emissions.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- The TU Delft offers a customizable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sports memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution.
- For international applicants, they offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist with their relocation.
- An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
They seek candidates with excellent high quality in research modeling and /or experimental research related to aircraft propulsion systems and emissions.
- A PhD degree from a world-renowned institution in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Preferably a post-doc or equivalent research experience
- Excellent academic track record based on peer-reviewed journal publications, conference contributions, invited lectures, etc.
- Affinity for working on the interface with other disciplines and in cooperation with established commercial/industrial partners.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate research/research proposals and projects.
- Exhibit a strong affinity for working in an academic setting and a commitment to supporting the educational activities of the research group.
- Good affinity for teaching and mentoring students with relevant experiences.
- Good proficiency in the English language as English is the official language within the Aerospace engineering faculty.
Interested applicants for Assistant Professor Tenure Track in Sustainable Aircraft Propulsion can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- a CV with a list of publications,
- a research and teaching statement,
- letter of application.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.