The Department of Clinical Neurophysiology (CNPH), Twente university calls for applications for the position of an Assistant Professor (f/m) with a strong interest in teaching and translational research.
Research in the Clinical Neurophysiology group is at the interface of neuroscience, neurophysiology, clinical neurology, and neural engineering, focusing on cerebral ischemia and epilepsy. Their teaching is primarily for bachelor and master students Technical Medicine and Biomedical Engineering; they treat essentials from physiology, physics, mathematics, computational modeling, and signal processing in the context of various neurological disorders, including cerebral ischemia and epilepsy.
They seek a talented individual to expand their current strengths in teaching and research. The candidate should have an appropriate background and Ph.D. in applied physics or biomedical/electrical engineering with a strong interest and expertise in teaching the topics outlined above. His/her research should fit in Twente’s clinically driven research topics. The candidate must have ample experience with biophysical/mathematical modeling and advanced signal processing in a (pre-)clinical context.
As an Assistant Professor
- Candidates will be actively involved in teaching and contribute to the development of the university curriculum;
- They will develop their own identity and are encouraged to attract national or European research grants to support their research line;
- The lectures for undergraduate students are in Dutch, for graduate students in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long-term goal.
- A fulltime starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 5.826 (scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
To be eligible for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Ph.D. in a relevant field;
- Have good communication skills and be an inspiring teacher;
- Show an existing track record in research in one of the relevant areas, have publications in high-rank journals, or otherwise strong evidence of high research potential;
- Have an excellent command of the English Language.
To apply for this position, applicants must include the following documents in their application
- curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications, and
- their research and teaching statement.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: January 16, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.