The Faculty of Science and the Institute of Biology Leiden University is looking for an Associate or Full Professor Biochemistry of drug-target interactions.
The Institute of Biology Leiden (IBL) is engaged in high-impact research and education activities under three main divisions: microbial, plant, and animal sciences with a broad scope ranging from molecular and cellular levels to organismal and population levels. The IBL has a collaborative atmosphere that is fostered by strong expertise focused around four Research Themes: Bioactive Molecules, Host-Microbe Interactions, Development & Disease, and Evolution & Biodiversity.
Nevertheless, the overall leading principle of the research is harnessing biodiversity for health. The IBL is a growing institute and wishes to recruit three new group leaders who are or will become, future leaders in their field of expertise for both research and education.
Duration: The position offers a five- to six-year term position, with the possibility of a tenured position subsequently.
The position of Associate/Full Professor Biochemistry of Drug-Target Interactions covers:
- The Salary range from €7.054 to € €8.508,- gross per month
- A holiday pay and a year-end bonus.
- Assistant with family-related issue, help partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help to settle in Nijmegen.
To be eligible for the Associate/Full Professor Biochemistry of Drug-Target Interactions, applicants must have/are:
- A PhD in biological sciences or related field and at least several years of independent research and teaching experience as PI;
- Strong expertise in protein biochemistry and protein-drug interactions;
- Expertise in cell-based assays (prokaryotic and eukaryotic);
- A broad international network of collaborations;
- Successful in raising research funds;
- Ability to foster an inspiring working environment for a research team, in which PhDs and postdocs feel supported and have the ability to thrive;
- Proven experience and clear affinity with developing and implementing teaching programs at BSc and/or MSc level;
- A networker who can readily engage in collaborations within and outside our institute
- Experience and affinity with project and management tasks;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- A good command of the Dutch language, or prepared to learn the Dutch language.
To apply for the position of Associate/Full Professor Biochemistry of Drug-Target Interactions, applicants must submit the following documents:
- A full CV (including a list of publications)
- A motivation letter;
- A description of research interests and experience; and
- The names and addresses of at least two persons who have agreed to be contacted for references.
To apply for Associate/Full Professor Biochemistry of Drug-Target Interactions, click here.
Application Deadline: December 03, 2021.
For more information on Associate/Full Professor Biochemistry of Drug-Target Interactions, visit the official site.