The Communication Science group at the Faculty of Social Sciences of Radboud University seeks an Associate Professor to further strengthen its educational programmes and its highly reputed research.
Candidate’s educational responsibilities will be to develop, coordinate, and teach courses at the Bachelor’s and Master’s levels, with a focus on the three communication themes: influence (commercial and prosocial communication), information (journalism and news), and entertainment (consumer community and culture). The candidate will also supervise Bachelor’s/Master’s theses. As a wide range of methodological approaches may be used in these theses (i.e. content analysis, experiments, interviews etc.), ample methodological knowledge and flexibility are required. He/she will be given the opportunity to teach in the fields of his/her research expertise. And will also be able to teach in the Research Master’s programme in Behavioural Science.
Start date: August 1, 2021.
The candidate is expected to
- Develop, coordinate and engage in excellent and innovative teaching in Dutch (50%).
- Conduct and publish top-quality research (50%).
- Apply for external funding by submitting research proposals.
- Collaborate with researchers from the Communication and Media research group and the other research groups at BSI and with external scholars.
- Be an inspiring member of our staff with excellent communication skills.
- Hold or develop a network of national and international partners.
- Participate in management tasks for the programme, the research and teaching institutes involved, and the Faculty of Social Science.
- The candidate will be employed as an Associate Professor level 1 or 2, depending on the candidate’s previous training and (relevant) work experience.
- An 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Provision of dual Career and Family Care Services.
- A PhD degree in Communication Science, or a related field.
- A university teaching qualification.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, diverse and advanced research methods and techniques.
- An excellent track record in academic research, as evidenced by publications in international academic journals.
- Research practices that increase transparency in social science (e.g. pre-registration, data-sharing) or the willingness to adopt this approach.
- Experience in the acquisition of external funding.
- A team player with good social, communication and organisational skills.
- Expertise in teaching at an academic level in Dutch.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 level).
Applications should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation.
- Two key publications.
- Teaching evaluations with regard to two recently taught courses.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.