The Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study (SCAS) calls for applications for the Barbro Klein research Fellowship Programme 2023/2024.
The Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme is a newly launched research programme, which intends to advance the study of cultural diversity from a global perspective. The fellowship is open to scholars from across disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, with an emphasis on research on cultural and social diversity, cultural heritage and creativity, societal structures and public resistance, and varieties of cultural expressions from local and global perspectives.
The program gives fellows the opportunity to concentrate on their own research interests, free from the teaching and administrative obligations of ordinary university life. Fellows are, however, expected to be active members of the scholarly community of the Collegium and to participate in seminars and academic events beyond their own fields of specialization.
Fellows will receive a monthly salary.
- The fellowship programme welcomes applications from talented younger scholars in
non-Western countries and of underrepresented gender.
- At the time of application, the candidate must have held a PhD (or equivalent degree) for at least three years.
- The application must have a promising track record of independent achievements beyond the post-doctoral level, including significant publications, and be active in international fora.
Interested applicants can Apply through the Varbi application system, fill in the online form and submit as PDF files the following documents:
- A Curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum)
- A description of their intended research project (5 to 10 pages)
- A list of publications
- Three articles (or chapters in an edited book, or chapters from a monograph by the applicant) and a brief rationale for selecting the works (100 words maximum per work)
- (Optional) up to 3 letters of reference
To apply, click here.
Deadline: July 01, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.