The Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies(BIGSAS) invites outstanding female African scholars based on the continent to join an international community of early career researchers working in the field of African Studies.
BIGSAS provides a center for creative and innovative doctoral training based on the inter-and multi-disciplinary research environment of the Africa Multiple Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth. In 2021, BIGSAS will be awarding scholarships within the Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). For these, BIGSAS will nominate candidates who have successfully passed the application procedure.
- Applicants must have a very good Masters or equivalent degree.
- The Master’s or equivalent degree must have been obtained within the last six years at the time of nomination by BIGSAS.
- The application must be accompanied by two reports (letters of recommendation) from teaching faculty members at the home universities.
- Applicants should not have been resident in Germany for more than fifteen months at the time of nomination.
Application to the BIGSAS scholarship will be accepted only if the following documents are provided (in English, French, or German) and meet the requested specifications.
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal
- Letter of Motivation (1 page)
- Academic transcripts
- Two copies of reference letters
- List of academic publications.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here
Deadline: January 24, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.