Birmingham Business School is pleased to announce a series of full-time PhD scholarships commencing in the 2020-21 academic year. These are focused on the School’s three core research themes: responsible business; work inclusivity; and regional economic development.
Birmingham Business School is renowned for its research contributing to academic debates worldwide. As a research student at Birmingham Business School you’ll be working and be part of this community with internationally recognised authorities in their fields.
The Scholarships cover full tuition fees for both home and overseas students (currently £4,380 and £19,320 per annum respectively) and also include a stipend currently £15,009 per annum. The scholarships are available for three or four years depending upon whether the candidate is required to take the 1 year MA in Social Research Methods, and are subject to satisfactory progress.
- The scholarships are available to candidates of the highest academic calibre who wish to conduct doctoral level study on one of the research topics advertised.
- A successful applicant will be expected to have or expect to achieve a very good undergraduate degree, minimum of a 2:1, preferably a first class honours in a Business or relevant subject.
- For those who already hold, or expect to achieve, a master’s degree this should be of a very good standard (preferably at a distinction level) in a Business or relevant subject.
- Their references will attest to qualities of academic achievement and research potential that make the candidate stand out above their peers.
- They may have already won academic prizes within their home institutions and /or internationally.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also satisfy our minimum language requirements [of 7 IELTS with no less than 6.5 in any component].
- If you are currently a final year undergraduate or master’s student, an offer of a scholarship will be conditional on the successful completion of your studies at the required level.
Applications will be assessed on:
- the quality of the candidate’s academic achievements and preparedness for doctoral level study;
- the quality of the research proposal;
- the potential to contribute to cutting edge research; and
- the match of the proposal to the selected topic.
Guidance on preparing a research proposal is given on the Business School scholarship application form [hyperlink to attached downloadable form]. Since the institution is recruiting to specific topics, all applicants are strongly advised to contact potential supervisors and to discuss their proposal with them prior to online submission.
Potential candidates for the Birmingham Business School Doctoral Scholarships must complete two application forms:
- University application for doctoral study. This is completed and submitted online.
- Birmingham Business School Scholarship application form. This must be downloaded and emailed to Professor Mark NK Saunders, Director of the Doctoral Programme (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: ‘Birmingham Business School Scholarships’.
To apply, visit the official link
Deadline: 17th November, 2019