The German Institute of Development and Sustainability invites applications for the 2023 BMZ African-German Leadership Academy for Early and Mid-career Professionals.
The BMZ African-German Leadership Academy is an innovative training and dialogue programme that brings together early to mid-career professionals from Germany and its African partner countries namely, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Zambia, Senegal, Tunisia, and Togo.
The programme organized and hosted by the German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS) and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) aims to develop leadership skills and enable joint knowledge creation and peer learning needed for sustainable development, in accordance with the objectives of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Potential participants of the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy should:
- be a national or permanent resident of one of the participating countries
- be 25 – 40 years old*
- work on issues relevant to sustainable development and governance
- have at least three years’ work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognized)
- be respectful of other cultures
- have the support of their employer (written support required as part of the application)
- have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR)
- be open to teamwork, reflection, and a broad variety of working methods
nevertheless, older applicants, who have taken long periods of parental leave, may be considered.
To apply to become a participant of the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy, applicants will need to submit the following documents in pdf format, via the application portal:
- Application Form Part I: Applicant’s statement
- Application Form Part II: Employer statement of support – To be completed, signed, and stamped by the employer.
- Diplomas – Copy of diploma or certificate (in English, French or English translation) of the highest professional qualification and/or university degree
- Passport – Copy the main pages of your passport
- Language Certificates – Proof of English language proficiency (if available)
Deadline: October 24, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.