The British Council is looking for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
This scholarship initiative aims to expand STEM opportunities for women and girls. According to the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), women make up less than 30% of researchers globally, and only 30% of female students choose STEM-related professions in higher education.
Enrolment of female students in ICT (three percent), natural science, mathematics, and statistics (five percent), and engineering, manufacturing, and construction (five percent) is relatively low globally (eight percent).
The scholarship covers
- academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects
- economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees
- special support for mothers
- English language support
The British Council seeks women who:
- are able to take up a course of study in the UK for the academic year from September/October 2022 – 2023
- can demonstrate a need for financial support
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access onto one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university
- can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study/research at a UK university
- are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area
- are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni.
Applications should be made directly to the participating universities.
To apply, click here
Deadline: April 10, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.