Wageningen Food and Biobased Research (WFBR) has an opening for the position of Business Development Manager.
Wageningen Food and Biobased Research (WFBR) is a globally number1 contract research organization whereby that supports its customers by executing market-oriented research projects in the domain of fresh produce, postharvest quality, food, and nutrition. WFBR also recently launched Freshknowledge.EU. to develop a global online platform where experts in fresh produce storage, quality, handling, and logistics meet and exchange innovations based on the expertise from Wageningen University & Research.
Duration: Full-time employment for one year.
For this position, applicants are to perform the following tasks
- create and follow-up leads with industrial customers all over the world. Translate trends, challenges, and innovations of their market into valuable research projects;
- organize professional account management for a selected number of customers;
- together with our experts, translate societal and business needs into new high-value propositions;
- build consortia of international customers to work collectively on large, game-changing, research projects. The aim is to allow partners to accelerate innovation and product development and get access to the latest technologies;
- negotiate the commercial terms of project agreements and get these signed in close collaboration with the legal and financial experts of WFBR;
- develop and maintain a relevant international business network to build and expand the brand name of WUR in general and WFBR in particular to create a market leading position in selected areas;
- develop the business models for fueling and enabling digital transformation for all actors in the supply chain, with a focus on data, models, and AI connected to logistics and (fresh) product knowledge.
The Business Development Manager Wageningen Food & Biobased Research position offers:
- a competitive gross salary of between €3.527,- and €5.479,- for a full-time working week of 36 hours;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
To be eligible for this position, applicants should meet the following requirements
- a business development expert with a result-oriented and entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills and a high energy level;
- bring at least 10 years of business development/acquisition/sales experience in value-based selling, preferably in a market-oriented R&D environment;
- have experience with online business models or a strong interest to develop Wageningen web-based services and platforms, to connect their customers and support them with the latest science-based insights and information;
- have a relevant network in the (international) (fresh) food value chain, or its service providers in logistics, quality, data, or software.
- Well-developed organizational awareness and excellent communication skills translate the needs of customers to new project ideas and to sell our ideas both internally and externally;
- have an MSc degree (or equivalent) and knowledge of a relevant science area. A degree in business development or MBA or relevant work experience/proven track record in commercial skills is an important selection parameter;
- excellent writing and speaking skills in English (C1 level) and preferably Dutch, knowledge of Spanish or French is a plus.
The application for Business Development Manager Wageningen Food & Biobased Research should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.