The Association of African Universities (AAU) is inviting authors to submit papers on its General Conference under the theme ‘‘The Future of African Higher Education’’.
The General Conference, an assembly of representatives of all member institutions with key higher education stakeholders including policymakers, academics, researchers, donor representatives, and others in attendance, meets once every four years for the purpose of:
- Assessing the activities implemented in the past four years against the background of its Work Programme and Budget approved at the previous Conference;
- Approving the plan of activities and budget estimates for the following four-year period; and
- Electing a new Governing Board of the Association from among the Vice-Chancellors, Presidents, and Rectors of the member universities.
This Conference aims to provide a platform for harnessing Africa’s best minds and brains in directing efforts to the effective roles which higher education institutions (HEIs) can and should play in this era of the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2021 General Conference is expected to raise awareness on the conference theme based on empirical evidence, in addition to highlighting the contributions of African experts to tackling our developmental challenges.
Date: July 5 – 8, 2021
Conference Theme: “The Future of African Higher Education”
- The Future of African Higher Education PostCOVID-19
- Contributions of African Higher Education Institutions to Addressing the Challenges linked to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Contributions of African Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Contributions of the Diaspora to African Higher Education
- Funding of African Higher Education Institutions in the face of the unpredictable Economy
- Mainstreaming e-learning and the digital divide
Conference fees and Registration
Conference fees (in US Dollars) for the provision of Certificate of Participation, access to the link to daily meetings, conference presentations, and other useful information are as follows:
- $65 for each participant from a full or associate member university/institution of the AAU;
- $40 for each student who wants to attend;
- $100 for all other participants; and
- An additional fee of $30 will be paid by any participant who wants a certificate.
The abstract should give a clear sense of the scope of the research, research objectives, and methods of inquiry. The paper abstracts must also include research results and conclusions, as well as a discussion of how these findings differ from previous work on the same subject, name(s), institutional affiliation(s), contact details of the author(s), and paper title.
To submit an abstract, click here.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2021.
For further information, click here.