The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Finance post.
The Assistant Professor would join the Finance Section of the Department. Assistant Professors are expected to actively contribute to the research environment of the U.S.E., teach Finance courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, and supervise theses. All teaching is in English.
The city of Utrecht is a vibrant international city in the heart of the Netherlands, renowned for its high quality of life. U.S.E. aims to contribute to an economy where people flourish, by taking a broad view of welfare and its causes. They enrich economics with other disciplines to better solve problems and identify opportunities, from both a business and a policy point of view. Well-being, cooperation, innovation, and curiosity are their core values.
Starting Date: The preferred starting date is August 2023.
Duration: The position is for 5 years
The salary offer for Assistant Professor of Finance (tenure track) includes:
- A minimum gross salary is €3,974 and the maximum gross salary is €5,439 per month, at full-time employment.
- A holiday allowance of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %.
- Possibilities for development and an excellent pension scheme.
Eligible candidates for Assistant Professor of Finance (tenure track) should:
- have or are close to completing a PhD in Finance (preferred) or affine disciplines;
- demonstrate a clear potential for excellence in research;
- demonstrate a clear potential for excellence in teaching different Finance subjects at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English;
- have excellent quantitative research and data science skills. Knowledge of Python is a plus.
Utrecht university welcomes employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Applications should include the following information:
- curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation, and a job market paper;
- teaching evaluations of previous courses, if available;
- names and contacts of three references.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.