The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) calls on interested and qualified applicants to apply for its 2021/22 internship program.
OECD Internship Programme is designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretary-General and to support the corporate functions of the Organisation.
The main purpose of the OECD Intern Programme is to give successful candidates the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment.
Successful candidates will carry out research and provide support to Policy Analysts in one of the following areas
- Inclusive Growth
- Industry, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
- Insurance and Pensions
- International Migration
- Trade and Agriculture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bribery and corruption
- Corporate Governance
- Education and Skills
For internships in corporate functions, successful candidates will be involved in one of the following areas:
- Legal services
- Office Administration
- Human Resources
- Communications, Media & Public Relations
- Event Management
- Finance, Budget, and Accounting
- Information Technology.
Maintainance allowance (living cost) of around 700 euros per month
Duties and Responsibilities
Work assignments undertaken by interns may include:
- Participating in meetings and seminars;
- Liaising and building networks with officials in national administrations, researchers, other international organizations, and member country Delegations;
- Contributing to the organization of events, communication, planning, and evaluation
- Participating in the preparation of studies and documents;
- Carrying out research and reviews of existing materials;
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data;
- Contributing to the production of documents, working papers, and publications resulting from the above activities, including drafting notes and preparing technical annexes.
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Interns can come from any country(i.e. not only OECD member countries).
- Possess solid quantitative and IT skills;
- Demonstrate excellent drafting and communication skills;
- Be available for a minimum internship duration of one month;
- Are capable of working in a multicultural and international team environment;
- Have an excellent command of one of the two official languages of the OECD (English and French) and working knowledge of, or willingness to learn the other. Knowledge of other languages used at the OECD would be an advantage;
- enrolled in a full-time degree programme for the duration of the internship in a field or discipline related to the work of the OECD.
Candidates must submit the following:
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent,
- An original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant was or is a student
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent
- A cover letter, stating the reason for applying for the internship.
To apply, click here
Deadline: February 28, 2021
For more information, visit the official site.