The Word Academy of Science (TWAS) is currently inviting applications for The 2023 TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme.
In 1994, in cooperation with UNESCO, TWAS instituted an Associateship Scheme to help counteract the brain drain affecting many developing countries. The programme supports regular visits by researchers from developing countries to centres of excellence in the South.
In collaboration with UNESCO and a number of centres of excellence in the South, TWAS has instituted a Joint Associateship Scheme to enable competent researchers from the South to visit these centres regularly. An associate is appointed for three years during which he/she can visit a Centre twice for research collaboration. TWAS provides travel support for the associates and a contribution towards subsistence costs up to USD300.00 per month while the host centres cover living expenses.
Duration: 3 years.
- The Associateship scheme covers the associate’s travel expenses and a monthly contribution of USD300 towards incidental local expenses.
- The host centre covers accommodation and food and provides research facilities.
To qualify for The 2023 TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme:
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
- The selection of associates is highly competitive; appointments will be on the basis of merit.
- Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries.
- Women scientists are especially welcome to apply.
While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- scanned copy of the applicant’s passport, even if expired (page with applicant’s name and surname);
- supporting Statement from Head of Home Institution;
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae (no more than 4 pages);
- the applicant’s full list of publications;
- PhD certificate;
- two letters of recommendation by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country;
- a recent invitation letter
To apply The 2023 TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme, click here.
Deadline: December 12, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.