The Government of Canada calls for applications from interested candidates to its Vanier Canada doctoral Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) is an international scholarship by the Canadian Governments to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to brand Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarship supports students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in social sciences and humanities, health, and as well natural sciences and engineering.
Duration: 3 years
The Vanier CGS Doctoral Scholarship covers an annual stipend of $50,000 for three years.
The following criteria are required to be considered for the Vanier CGS Doctoral Scholarship
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and/or foreign students pursuing a doctoral degree at eligible Canadian universities;
- Applicants must be nominated by one of the Canadian institutions in the Vanier CGS quota
- They must have the required degree in the necessary field;
- Not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2021;
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by the institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent
- Must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC;
- Their research interest should be in Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering, Social sciences, and humanities.
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability)
Those wishing to apply for the CGS should verify that the institution to which they are applying for doctoral studies has a Vanier CGS quota and inform the institution that they wish to be considered for a Vanier CGS.
Deadline: November 3, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site .