Call for Applications for an Assistant Professor of X-Ray Imaging in the Multi-Modality Medical Imaging (M3I) group, University of Twente.
X-ray imaging is the workhorse of any radiology department. The ease of use of radiography and mammography makes them the most common medical imaging tests around the world. Fluoroscopy and interventional radiology systems play a key role in the diagnosis and treatment of various pathologies.
The focus of this group will be tomographic breast x-ray imaging, especially developing their capabilities to perform functional imaging and investigating opportunities to integrate them with other modalities. Advances in x-ray sources, detectors, and especially computer power have brought about new possibilities for x-ray imaging technology.
They seek to develop methods and algorithms that allow for dynamic x-ray quantitative imaging and the tools needed to validate them, including computer simulations, and digital and physical phantoms. Close collaboration with clinical partners, especially Radboudumc, as well as with a broad network of industry partners and other research labs around the world is already in place. These collaborations will continue to play a key role in the research performed by the group.
For this position the candidate will:
- oversee the establishment of a growing and dynamic group of post-docs, PhD candidates, and Master’s students,
- lead the research effort,
- seek extramural funding, and
- coordinate and be involved in the teaching of x-ray imaging to Biomedical Engineering and Technical Medicine students.
- A starting salary from € 3.812 to € 5.943 gross per month, based on relevant work experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- Full-time employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- A solid pension scheme
The eligible applicants for this position of Assistant Professor of X-Ray Imaging should
- Have an affinity for teaching, and experience in teaching via lectures and practicals, and am willing to take the University Teaching Qualification.
- Be a creative and enthusiastic researcher with a PhD degree in medical physics, physics, biomedical engineering, or similar, and a good track record of publishing.
- Having experience with post-doctoral research in x-ray medical physics, or similar, is required.
- Have excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in the image formation and/or analysis development.
- Experience in AI methods is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Interested applicants can apply with the following documents:
- letter of motivation,
- contact details of at least three references, and
- reprints or, preferably, links to their PhD thesis and scientific publications in English that they have written.
To apply as an Assistant Professor of X-Ray Imaging, click here.
Application Deadline: July 07, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.