Wageningen University & Research is welcoming applications for the position of Ecology researcher (Ecologists).
An ecological job position refers to a role that focuses on addressing environmental and ecological concerns, often within the context of sustainability and conservation. These positions are typically found in various sectors, including government agencies, non-profit organizations, research institutions, and consulting firms.
Ecological job positions involve studying, monitoring, and managing ecosystems, biodiversity, and natural resources to ensure their sustainable use and protection. They often require individuals with a strong background in ecology, biology, environmental science, or a related field.
Overall, ecological job positions aim to contribute to the understanding, preservation, and sustainable management of ecosystems and their resources. By addressing ecological challenges, professionals in these roles play a vital part in promoting environmental stewardship and ensuring a more sustainable future.
Wageningen University & Research seeks a university-educated quantitative ecologist with experience in data analyses (R) and a clear interest in and affinity with marine ecology. Good writing skills are equally important. They should enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and as part of a team, be critical but realistic, and be able to deliver under time pressure. Currently, they need extra workforce in a variety of subjects including projects on cumulative effects on coastal ecosystems, coral reef monitoring and fish ecology.
Duration: 03 years
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from their Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
- Although they are looking for candidates with a general ecological background, specific expertise in certain fields is very welcome.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- The successful candidate will contribute to a wide variety of data analyses and model-based research projects and will report or present research results to clients, at conferences, and publish (or contribute to publications) in the scientific literature.
Applicants are to submit the following documents
- Curriculum vitae and
- A cover letter
To apply for the Call for Applications for Ecologists at Wageningen University & Research, click here.
Deadline: May 21, 2023.
For more information on Call for Applications for Ecologists at Wageningen University & Research, visit the official site.