The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS), Delft University calls for applications for Principal educator (80% lecturer and 20% researcher).
Today’s bachelor students are expected to resolve tomorrow’s societal challenges, ranging from breakthroughs in healthcare to the energy transition. This is why, at TU Delft’s Electrical Engineering Education (EEE) team, they care deeply about education and their students. Not just in terms of teaching the basics, but helping students bridge theory, research, and practice in a societal and ethical context but also on personal growth.
Lecturing theory and supervising the accompanying laboratory courses, tutoring integrated projects, they strive to implement theory and research in real-life challenges as an integral part of their education offering. They will also mentor and assess individual students. and supervise their undergraduate graduation projects. Based on vision, candidates will improve, and innovate current courses. In addition, they will have an opportunity to teach mathematics and physics embedded in core engineering courses, focusing on circuit design or target technologies geared to stabilise multi-energy systems. Within the electrical engineering themes of the faculty, they offer candidates full flexibility to pioneer and contribute to outstanding undergraduate education, including the Honours Programme.
As a Principal Educator, the position offers:
- A salary based on scale 11 (€ 3.974 – € 5.439) of the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
- The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
- Discount with health insurers.
- Flexible working week.
- Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
- Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
- Partially paid parental leave
- Attention for working healthy and energetically with the vitality program.
To qualify as a Principal Educator in TUDelft University, applicants must:
- Hold a PhD in Electrical Engineering (or closely related technical field).
- Have in-depth knowledge of one or more of these disciplines: analog electronics, digital electronics (specifically Verilog or VHDL), telecom, electricity and magnetism, and/or energy conversion.
- Hold the Basic Teaching Qualification or are willing to obtain the qualification in the first three years of your employment.
- Have experience in lecturing and are committed to driving excellence in education, embracing innovative learning and teaching practices.
- Care about actively creating and maintaining a safe, inclusive, and diverse learning environment. Do share your ideas in your diversity/inclusion statement!
- Enjoy mentoring and teaching students. Harnessing your communication skills, you know how to connect and interact with your students and colleagues alike.
- Have a good command of English and if you’re not yet proficient in Dutch, you are willing to learn the language.
Interested applicants should submit:
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum Vitae, including name and contact information of three references,
- Teaching statement
- Research statement
- Diversity/inclusion statement.
To apply as a Principal educator (80% lecturer and 20% researcher), click here.
Deadline: June 25, 2023.
For more information on Call for Applications: Principal educator (80% lecturer and 20% researcher), visit the official site.