A part-time position is available for a research technician in the newly-established research group of Kristin Grußmayer, Department of Bionanoscience, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands.
The Grußmayer lab develops advanced 3D light microscopy methods to perform quantitative studies in live cells to answer fundamental questions in molecular and cell biology e.g., to understand neurodegenerative diseases. We combine label-free and super-resolution fluorescence microscopy, a set of techniques that circumvent the optical diffraction limit through clever experimental strategies and sophisticated image reconstruction.
The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping all wet lab activities running smoothly and will be in charge of mammalian cell culture activities.
The most important activities in doing this project will be:
- Managing wet lab activities (introduction of new group members, coordinating ordering and inventory)
- Conduct and provide key support to cell culture and light microscopy experiments
- Provide strategic input in setting up structure-function studies
- Culturing of immortalized cell lines
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Nevertheless, TU Delft offers a customizable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sports memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy
- Demonstrated teamworking and troubleshooting skills
- HBO/ B.Sc. degree or similar
- Proficiency in expressing yourself verbally and in writing in English
It is a plus if they fulfill one (or more) of the following
- Knowledge of super-resolution or other advanced microscopy techniques
- Familiarity with stable cell line generation
- Familiarity with neurobiology/neurodegenerative disease
Interested applicants can apply for the Research Technician position and ensure that they attach the following:
- a letter of application (both in English) and
- two references
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: October 01, 2022.
For more information on the Research Technician position, visit the official site.