Wageningen University & Research is looking for a Researcher/Project Leader in Agrochains.
Multiple transitions are needed to achieve a sustainable, safe, affordable, trustworthy, and high-quality food system in the next decade or two that will fulfill the needs of a diverse and growing world population. They need to transition to more circular food systems, shift the diet towards more sustainable proteins and use new (bio) technologies in food production. These changes will have an impact on the current food system and on food safety.
The candidate will be part of the Agrochains research team within Wageningen Food Safety Research that investigates the impact of different transitions on food safety aspects in the food supply chain.
For this position on Agrochains, the candidate will:
- Use their broad scientific background in the area of food safety, food technology, or in a wide variety of multidisciplinary research projects. These can be collaborative research projects with colleagues working in the laboratory, with other research institutes in EU projects, research consortia with private partners, or projects directly for the NVWA or our ministries.
- Lead different scientific projects and thereby steer other project members in achieving high-quality output within the project’s requirements.
- Write scientific papers and reports, interact with stakeholders to present research projects, and acquire new projects.
- Depending on your expertise and interest you lead and/or contribute to projects that for example aim to develop and implement risk-based monitoring approaches to determine what substances should be monitored in a circular food system, and/or assess the hazards of food production chains.
- Other topics you could work on in relation to food safety are biodiversity, seaweed production, pandemic preparedness, but also safe by design approaches and the use of genetic modification for food production.
- a competitive gross salary of between € 3.391,- and € 5.989;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on
- campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
For this position of Researcher/Project Leader in Agrochains applicant must meet the following requirements:
- PhD in food safety, biosafety, food chemistry, toxicology, biotechnology, microbiology, or other relevant experience or MSc with a strong scientific track record and at least 5 years of professional experience within these fields.
- Proven project leadership skills with the ability to respond flexibly and effectively to circumstances outside and within the project to adapt the project plan if needed.
- Presentation and acquisition skills.
- Excellent scientific writing and speaking skills in English and preferably in Dutch as well.
Interested applicants can use the online tool to apply and upload their
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- motivation letter
To apply as a Researcher/Project Leader in Agrochains, click here
Application Deadline: Unspecified
For more information, visit the official site.