Wageningen University & Research (WUR) Call for Applications for the position of Senior Scientist Genetics of Crops for a Bioeconomy.
Climate change and the growing world population urge the need to reduce the use of fossil resources and develop a Circular Bioeconomy. Research in this field is covered by the Biobased Economy group at Wageningen UR – Plant Breeding and the growing attention for this theme on both the national and the European agenda provides many research opportunities. The sought scientist will be exploiting these opportunities and developing new research lines in genetics and breeding of crops for a bioeconomy, with a focus on oil and protein crops.
Wageningen University & Research is looking for a researcher with a track record in crop genetics and interested in applying this knowledge to understand the mechanisms behind the content and quality of different plant components, and using that knowledge to develop new breeding tools and improve crops.
- a competitive gross salary of between €3.834 and €5.989
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
The position of Senior Scientist in Genetics of Crops for a Bioeconomy seeks applicants with the following qualifications:
- PhD in Plant Sciences and good knowledge of plant genetics and genomics;
- Experience in molecular biology, genomics, bioinformatics, and (quantitative) genetics Several years of experience after the PhD in plant genetics and genomics;
- Able to translate fundamental knowledge in carbon partitioning in the plant into biomass quality, and use that knowledge to develop breeding tools;
- Experience and interest in the acquisition of funding for research;
- Interest in establishing new lines of research;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Collaborative personality, interested in working with colleagues and PhD and MSc students;
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- curriculum vitae and
- cover letter
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: August 10, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.