Call for applications: The ERAIFT Masters programme on the sustainable management of protected areas and forest ecosystems in Africa.
The Regional Post-Graduate Training School on Integrated Management of Tropical Forests and Lands (ERAIFT) has issued its 4th international call for applications for enrolment in its regional Master’s degree programme, in the framework of its activities on Capacity building of biodiversity practitioners, scientists, and policymakers for the sustainable management of protected areas and forest ecosystems in Africa.
The following degree courses are covered by this regional programme:
- Professional Master’s degree in Forest Management Technology (FMT);
- Professional Master in Protected Area Management (PAM);
- MAB Professional Master in Biosphere Reserve Management (BRM);
- Research Master in Integrated Management of Tropical Forests and Lands (AGIFT).
Nevertheless, the overall objective of the project is to “Support environmental policies and investments in favor of the sustainable, participatory and equitable management of protected areas and forest ecosystems in Africa”. The specific objective of the project is to “Contribute to building the capacity of biodiversity practitioners, scientists, and policymakers in the production and use of the information necessary for the sustainable management of protected areas and forest ecosystems in Africa”.
To be eligible for the ERAIFT Regional Masters Scholarships applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold at least a degree equivalent to BAC + 3 in the area of study
- Be under 40 years of age at the time of application selection.
- Have sufficient knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Have sufficient skills in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Be proactive and autonomous, and able to work in a multicultural and sometimes difficult environment.
- Be able to live in a community and adapt to the varying conditions of the study environment.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the forestry and environmental sector would be an asset.
- Be in good health and present a certificate of vaccination against the COVID 19 virus within the last 6 months (for successful applicants only).
Applications for The ERAIFT Regional Degree Master’s Program must include the following supporting documentation:
- A duly completed and signed application form
- A summary of the updated curriculum vitae of maximum 3 pages
- Three letters of recommendations.
- A letter of motivation addressed to the Director of ERAIFT and President of the Academic and Research Council, requesting enrolment in the 4th class of this regional programme.
- A birth certificate, a current physical fitness certificate (issued in less than 6 months of the analysis of the application files), a recent medical certificate from a clinic of international renown, a vaccination card against the current emerging pandemics (Covid-19, etc.); a certificate of nationality, a certificate of good conduct or equivalent.
- Also, certified copies of previously obtained university diplomas and photocopies of transcripts for each academic year (original diplomas must be presented for confirmation of enrolment at ERAIFT).
- Three recent passport photos.
- Scan of the first two pages of the passport valid for at least two years.
To apply for The ERAIFT Regional Degree Master’s Program, click here.
Deadline: February 28, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.