The department of Political Science and Public calls for applications from political or public administration scientist with an interest in teaching a diverse and international student community in the city of Amsterdam.
The Faculty of Social Sciences examines the major social problems of our time from multiple perspectives. From bullying at school to dealing with transnational immigration, from the rise of populist politicians to creating a self-reliant society.
for this Position, Thesis Supervisors in Political Science and Public Administration will perform the following tasks:
- Supervising and assessing Bachelor theses and/or Master theses.
- In the role of thesis supervisor, he/she will offer a thesis project on a common theme and research method, and then guide a group of 8 to 12 students in their research for and writing of an individual bachelor thesis and/or a master thesis.
- Have regular meetings with the group and with individual students, giving them advice and feedback on their drafts.
- At the end of the semester you will grade the theses using a prepared format.
- Also, you will be 2nd assessor for an equal number of theses.
- salary ranges from a minimum of €2.790 to a maximum of €5127 gross per month
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- considerable employer’s contribution to the ABP pension scheme
- homework- and commuting allowance
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
The faculty seek a motivated candidate with:
- A completed (or nearly completed) PhD degree in Political Science, Public Administration, or a closely related discipline
- Excellent research and writing skills
- The ability to work in a team as well as independently
- The ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Experience in teaching and thesis supervision is appreciated but not strictly required for the position.
To apply for the Thesis Supervisors in Political Science and Public Administration, the candidate is strongly encouraged to provide:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
To apply for the Thesis Supervisors in Political Science and Public Administration, click here.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021.
For more information on thesis Supervisors in Political Science and Public Administration, visit the official site.