The Pulitzer Center is seeking a remote intern for the Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF) initiative, which enables strong, independent journalism on issues related to tropical rainforests.
The intern will support the mission of the RJF by participating in publishing, communications, and research activities, working with the RJF manager (based in Bangkok), and regional coordinators (based in Brazil, Indonesia, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo). The intern’s responsibilities will primarily involve the Rainforest Journalism Fund, but there will be opportunities to learn from and collaborate across Pulitzer Center teams.
Through the Pulitzer Center, the RJF will support nearly 200 original reporting projects over five years, along with annual regional conferences designed to raise the level of reporting on global tropical rainforest issues like deforestation and climate change –leading to stories that make a difference. The RJF will support and build capacity for local and regional reporters based in the Amazon Basin, Congo Basin, and Southeast Asia, as well as international reporters working in those regions.
- Website and communications
- Research and content mapping
- Event and outreach
$2600 monthly stipend.
To qualify for the Rainforest Journalism Fund, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Degree in journalism, environment, international development, or related disciplines
- Professional/written proficiency in one of the RJF languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Bahasa Indonesia)
- Demonstrated interest in global environmental issues
- Have strong writing and communication skills
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience conducting research in multiple languages (either proficiency or with translation software)
- Demonstrated interest/experience in working across time zones, geographies, and cultures
- Demonstrated interest/experience in environmental journalism and/or related social or biological sciences
Applications for the Rainforest Journalism Fund require the submission of;
- a CV/résumé,
- contact information for two references,
- two work samples, and
- a statement of interest (max. 500 words)
To apply, click here.
Deadline: June 03, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.