The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), an American multinational technology company New York, call for nominations to its fellowship award program 2021.
The IBM PhD Fellowship Award Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional PhD students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies. Focus areas include the following topics of particular interest:
- Cloud / Open Source Technologies
- Security / Cyber Security
- Hybrid Cloud
- Quantum Computing / Quantum Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
All IBM PhD Fellowship awardees are mentored by an IBMer to collaborate on a research or technology project for the duration of the award period.
These Awards promote research, innovation, and the building of partnerships and communities ranging from a many-to-many to a one-to-one basis. Both Awards look to support and impact an area of significant interest to the university and IBM. Academic Awards are not a contract, and intellectual property rights remain with the University.
Successful nominee receive $6,000-$25,000 stipends for two academic years. The value of the PhD Fellowships varies by region.
- Nominations are welcome for students of all nationalities
- Qualified students must be enrolled full time in a PhD program
- He/she must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member.
A nomination includes the following:
- student’s CV,
- faculty nominator’s supporting statement,
- the department head’s supporting statement,
- PhD thesis title, and
- a brief description of PhD thesis work.
Application Deadline: October 23, 2020
For more information visit the official site.