WISE invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs, and networks to nominate engaged candidates with outstanding academic/professional and/or personal experiences in the field of education from their organization for its Fellowship program.
WISE Emerging Leaders is a nine-month fellowship program for the next generation of leaders in education who wish to embark on a learning journey that cultivates the mindsets, skills, and techniques necessary to thrive, nurture communities, and transform education systems.
In a time when education is disrupted by multiple crises such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the burnout epidemic, and the ecological collapse, WISE believes it is ever more important to create stimulating and nourishing spaces for education leaders to come together, connect meaningfully, learn with each other, and collaborate for collective impact. Transforming education systems requires change at the structural and systemic levels, but also at the intrapersonal and interpersonal levels. Leaders who lead with self-awareness, compassion, and creativity, who cultivate their own and their team’s wellbeing, and who weave people and projects together are leaders who can spark innovation and systemic change.
Duration: 9 months
WISE will cover the following costs for Fellows joining the residential session:
- return flights,
- in-country transportation,
- venue hire, and
- workshop material.
Below are the selection criteria for the WISE Emerging Leaders Fellowship
- Candidates must be between the ages of 25 and 33.
- Candidates must hold a valid travel document and be willing to travel abroad for the residential session.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English and should be comfortable presenting and speaking in public.
- Demonstrate a degree of resilience that enables them to contribute fully to the program while also meeting other organizational and personal commitments.
- Candidates should be curious, flexible, and comfortable in multicultural environments.
- Have a strong profile showing a steady record of accomplishments in the field of education (academic, professional and/or personal).
- They have also been involved in education and/or development projects for at least 3 years.
- Candidates clearly demonstrate engagement in social issues and how they have sought to overcome them through innovative ideas, and initiatives.
- Candidates must demonstrate potential for growth within the nominating organization.
To Nominate for the WISE Emerging Leaders Fellowship program, click here
Deadline: March 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.