The African Development Bank (AfDB), the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) call for submission of papers to its jointly organized edition of the African Economic Conference 2021 held in Cabo Verde as well as virtually.
The African Economic Conference is now the leading forum for discussing Africa’s issues of the day. It provides a platform for established academics and young researchers to present their solution-oriented research to policymakers and decision-makers. Therefore, young African researchers are especially encouraged to submit their articles.
Although only full papers addressing the theme of the conference will be considered for presentation. Submission of policy- and-solution oriented papers with strong empirical work are also encouraged. The conference will give priority to solution-oriented papers.
The specific objectives of the African Economic Conference are to:
- Promote knowledge management as an important driver of policy dialogue, good policy planning, and implementation.
- Foster dialogue that promotes the exchange of ideas and innovative thinking among researchers, development practitioners, and policymakers.
- Encourage and enhance research on economic and policy issues related to the development of African economies by promoting evidence-based policymaking.
- Provide an opportunity for young African researchers, Africans in the Diaspora, and organizations to share knowledge with policymakers; and
- Serve as a platform for researchers, policymakers, and private sector operators to meet and have consensus on regional and continental integration as an instrument to accelerate Africa’s inclusive and sustainable development.
Conference Date: December 2-4, 2021
Theme: Financing Africa’s post Covid-19 Development.
- Domestic public and private resource mobilization in the age of the digital revolution
- Towards resilient recovery and sustainable development with a renewed financing model
- Leveraging international private and public finance system for Africa’s development
Interested authors should submit their papers to email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Deadline for Submission of Papers: July 15, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site