The Flone Initiative announces their signature event, the Women and Transport Africa Conference, is now in its fourth year and as such welcome presentations from professionals working across all disciplines.
Organized by Flone Initiative, the Women and Transport Africa Conference 2021 is an annual event where Women around the African continent come together to reiterate the importance of creating a more inclusive public transport system in Africa.
The purpose of the conference is to stimulate thinking and research on transportation issues central to women’s quality of life in Africa. The idea is to look back and assess what they have accomplished, as well as to investigate methods for putting research into practice.
Nevertheless, the conference provides a platform to share a wide range of critical research, as well as innovative solutions for implementation in the area of gender and urban mobility across Africa. Women and Transport Africa Conference invite submissions/ presentations/proposals falling into one of three tracks:
- Lived experiences (transport users and workers)
- Programs and policy interventions
Conference Theme: “The Women and Transportation in Africa”.
Conference Date: December 1-3, 2021
The following are the goals of the 2021 Women and Transport Africa Virtual Conference:
- Provide a supportive and interactive environment for researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to present their work and findings.
- Provide a summary of current research and innovative solutions being implemented by African and international researchers and practitioners across Africa.
- Develop a research agenda in collaboration to meet these needs that can be delivered over the next few years by national and international research programs.
- Provide researchers and practitioners with feedback on the potential impact and importance of their work for policy and practice in an interactive and supportive manner.
- To support advocacy, policy development, and innovative solutions, identify gaps in existing research knowledge.
Applicants for the 2021 Women and Transport Africa Virtual Conference are to submit a brief summary (no more than 500 words) of what they plan to present.
For guidelines on paper submission for the 2021 Women and Transport Africa Virtual Conference, click here.
Submission Deadline: October 30, 2021.
For more information on the 2021 Women and Transport Africa Virtual Conference, visit the official site.