The Danish National Research Foundation invites researchers from all scientific fields to submit outline proposals for new Centers of Excellence that may start operating in the fall of 2022.
The Danish National Research Foundation (DNRF) funds outstanding basic research at the highest international level and at the frontiers of all research fields to strengthen the development of Danish research.
The foundation welcomes outstanding research of a high international caliber that may be described as ambitious, highly creative, original, scientifically daring, and potentially groundbreaking. Centers can be established within or across all scientific areas:
- Life Sciences,
- Natural Sciences,
- Social Sciences and Technical Sciences.
Criteria for Assessment
Excellence in conducting outstanding research is the main criterion when assessing applications for new centers. The foundation will especially emphasize the following dimensions:
- The proposed center leader has a high standing in the international research community as well as managerial skills.
- Research idea is ambitious and original and has the potential for significant scientific breakthroughs in the relevant research field(s).
- The center includes high-quality personnel in order to establish a creative and dynamic international research environment that will provide an inspirational training ground for young researchers.
- The focus, structure, and size of the proposed center are such that the center sets the stage for a scientific venture
- This call is open to all applicants: new applicants, applicants who have previously submitted applications to the foundation, and applicants who have or have had a grant from the Danish National Research Foundation.
- They should own either a Ph.D. or a post-doctoral degree.
- The application form must be filled out in English using a minimum font size of 11 points and giving due consideration to general readability.
- It is important to pay attention to the space limitations specified with each paragraph.
- Figures may be included and one figure (including notes) counts for 750 characters.
- the overall size of the file should not exceed 20 MB.
To get the form, click here