The call for proposals is currently ongoing for the Accelerating Inclusive Green Growth through Agri-based Digital Innovation in West Africa (AGriDI).
The second call for proposals of AGriDI will provide competitive grants to enhance the capacities of key stakeholders in diverse areas of digital technologies and agro-ecological systems, and strengthen synergies with the private sector, civil society, and other community-based organisations. The grants support the development of tangible digital solutions that address real challenges for farmers and agribusinesses, especially among women and youth, thereby increasing opportunities for jobs and income in the region.
AGriDI aims at strengthening innovation systems and fostering the adoption of agri-based digital technologies in West Africa. Digital technologies offer potential to make it easier and more efficient for farmers and small business owners, especially women and youth, to produce (thanks to access of information and technologies) and market their goods and services, leading to greater profits. AGriDI will increase the identification, adaptation, and use of agri-based digital technologies by farmers, SMEs especially women and youth to enhance agricultural production and marketing though strengthened linkages between research communities, industry, and policy actors, and improved policy environment.
AGriDI will contribute to the implementation of ECOWAS and national policies and strategies related to Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) and ICT, as well as the African Union’s Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA) 2024. Outputs support the roll–out of the Africa Continental Free Trade area.
The total envelope for the AGriDI call is up to EUR 663,809.72.
The target groups for the AGriDI call are:
- scientists and researchers in universities and research institutes
- agri-business owners and proprietors of legally incorporated small and medium enterprises
- innovators in tech hubs, innovation labs, and university technology transfer offices
- policy makers in national government ministries, departments, and agencies responsible for creating enabling policy environment to promote digital innovations
- farmers in legally registered groups and cooperatives based in the eligible countries.
Complete the online application form and attach the following documents through the online system:
- A completed proposal
- A results matrix and Workplan (Refer to template provided)
- Official letter of support from the head of the applying institution
- A detailed budget (See template provided)
- A copy of an official certificate(s) of registration (or incorporation) of the applying institution (organisation) and where applicable, a copy of the articles of association.
To apply for the Accelerating Inclusive Green Growth through Agri-based Digital Innovation in West Africa (AGriDI), click here.
Deadline: May 31, 2023.
For more information Accelerating Inclusive Green Growth through Agri-based Digital Innovation in West Africa (AGriDI), visit the official site.