Call for Proposals are currently ongoing for the African Researchers’ Small Grants Program 2022-23.
The African Research Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ARNTD) with support from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Gates Foundation), through the Coalition for Operational Research on Neglected Tropical Diseases (COR-NTD), is seeking proposals for both operational and implementation research on ‘’Emerging Challenges facing Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) program implementation in Africa.’’ This sixth edition of the Small Grants Program (SGP VI) is to support African researchers in both early and mid/late careers to undertake operational or implementation research aligned with the goals established in the London Declaration on Neglected Tropical Diseases. SGP VI comprises two small grant funding tracks:
- Small grants for junior researchers
- Small grants for mid-career and/or senior researchers.
Duration: 10 months
Maximum funding of USD 30,000 per award is given to successful applicants for the African Researchers’ Small Grants.
- Applications are welcome from all African countries. They particularly encourage applications from the following countries that have not yet had an applicant: Algeria, Cabo Verde, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Guinea, Lesotho, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Niger, Sao Tome, and Principe, Seychelles, and Tunisia.
- Applicant must be currently employed by or enrolled as a student in an academic, health, or research institution in Africa for the duration of the grant
- He/she should demonstrate having a commitment to NTD-related research as well as the skills and experience required to carry out the proposed work
- Must be able to provide evidence of research output, including publications and/or presentations at scientific conferences
- They especially encourage female researchers to apply also.
Candidates will be selected for the African Researchers’ Small Grantsbased on the following criteria:
- Eligibility of the applicant and possession of a qualified team
- Scientific merit and overall quality of the proposed project
- Significance of the research and potential impact
- Potential for scaling up the research
- Feasibility of the project’s successful completion within the 10 months period of the grant funding
- Demonstration of reasonable and realistic estimation of costs
Interested applicants can access the online application form and instructions below, complete all required sections and submit it ahead of the deadline.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: September 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.