CLARIN ERIC is looking to hire a student assistant (on average 0.3 – 0.4 FTE depending on availability) primarily for the organization of the CLARIN Annual Conference 2023 to be held in Leuven, Belgium.
The primary focus of the tasks will be on planning the CLARIN Annual Conference 2023 | CLARIN ERIC (16–18 October), which will take place in Leuven, Belgium.
CLARIN stands for “Common Language Resources and Technology Infrastructure”. It is a research infrastructure that was initiated from the vision that all digital language resources and tools from all over Europe and beyond are accessible through an online environment for the support of researchers in the humanities and social sciences.
Students with academic backgrounds in digital humanities, language study, corpus linguistics, and natural language processing will be especially interested in this post.
As a student assistant, his/her tasks will be:
- Assisting with the conference logistics:
- registration procedure;
- website editing
- dealing with questions from conference participants;
- supporting authors of accepted papers.
- Assisting with the logistics on site during the conference in Leuven from 15-18 October 2023
Duration: They offer a temporary position for four months in an international working environment.
Starting Date: August 2023
The student assistant position will cover monthly salary, travel, accommodation, and meals.
As a student assistant, applicants:
- Are proficient in English spoken and written language (English is the working language in the office and at the conference);
- Should have great organizational skills, structured thinking, and a sense of initiative;
- Are good team players;
- Are familiar with or willing to learn online tools such as Google documents/spreadsheets/forms and simple website editing.
Interested applicants should submit:
- a cover letter, and
- a curriculum vitae.
To apply for the Calls for Applications at Utrecht University, click here.
Deadline: August 01, 2023.
For more information on the Calls for Applications for Student Assistant at Utrecht University, visit the official site.