CANSSI Ontario STAGE (STAGE), in partnership with the CGEn Host Genome Sequencing Initiative, invites trainees from across Canada to apply to become a CANSSI Ontario STAGE HostSeq Fellow.
The University of Toronto and the Faculty of Arts & Science are building capacity in statistical and data science in response to the rapid increase of data-intensive research in most academic disciplines. On July 1, 2019, C Ontario at UofT was established with the dual role to further strengthen the University’s activities in statistical and data science and to host the Ontario Regional Centre of the Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute (CANSSI).
The Fellowship offers financial support for research and stipends for trainees interested in working on COVID-19 genetics research and as well opportunity to participate in the CANSSI Ontario STAGE research community.
- One-year project award/fellowship with STAGE
- Work on the frontline of COVID-19 genetics research,
- Receive a total stipend of $10,000 to support their STAGE HostSeq Project, and
- Participate in the CANSSI Ontario STAGE research community.
The STAGE HostSeq Fellowship appointments are contingent on:
- Background in human genetics or statistical genetics and evidence of training and strength in quantitative skills.
- Trainees must demonstrate exceptional academic performance.
- Trainees need to identify, approach, and engage their Mentor(s).
- PhD students: Being enrolled in a university in Canada and in their second or subsequent years of their doctoral program (i.e., trainees should have achieved candidacy within their program).
- Postdoctoral fellows: Working at a Canadian university or research institute.
In applying for the CANSSI Ontario STAGE HostSeq Fellowship, the applicant must assemble all of the following documents and upload them to the application form:
- Candidate’s Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Research Plan
- Candidate’s graduate transcripts and proof of enrollment/employment
- Mentor’s Letter
- Mentor’s Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
To apply for the STAGE HostSeq Fellowship, click here.
Deadline: December 1, 2021.
For more information on STAGE HostSeq Fellowship, visit the official site.