Applications are welcome for the Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program 2021.
Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from African Countries for graduate studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master and Doctoral Programs.
The scholarship only supports full-time graduate students. It supports master’s students for no more than three years, or doctoral students for no more than four years. The duration of the scholarship, which covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, is as specified in the Admission Letter.
- Tuition fee waiver;
- Free accommodation;
- Living allowance: ( Master 3000RMB/per month; Ph.D. 3500RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance;
- International travel expenses: self-afforded.
- Applicants with African countries’ nationalities and in good health.
- Applicants who apply for a master’s degree should be under 35 years old and possess a bachelor’s degree. Applicants who apply for a Ph.D. degree should be under 40 years old and possess a master’s degree.
- Applicants for English-medium programs should provide score reports for the English Language test.
- Applicants applying for Chinese-medium programs should provide at least an HSK level 4 certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test).
They are two steps in applying for this scholarship
- Registration and submission of the online application at CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/.
- Registration and submission of the online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
- Original and copy of a notarized graduate certificate, degree certificate, and academic transcripts issued by the school or university with an official stamp on them.
- Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or English.
- Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Copy of valid ordinary passport (personal information page, the validity of the passport should at least till Dec. 31, 2021).
- No criminal record.
- Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese.
- Copy of Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
For more information visit the official site.