The University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) are offering CICOPS scholarships to visiting scholars for the year 2023 for a period of stay for weeks at the University of Pavia.
CICOPS is committed to human and institutional development in developing countries. This aim is achieved by offering young people the chance to grow and contribute to the development of their countries. After thirty-five years of experience in the fields of cooperation and development, it is clear to us that joint study and research projects help both developed and developing countries. With this in mind, CICOPS is working towards creating an ever-growing network of international contacts, including foreign universities, governments, and international non-governmental organizations. University cooperation is fundamental for diffusing knowledge as well as promoting dialogue and peace.
The scholarship includes
- meals and accommodation expenses,
- health insurance policy, and
- a contribution of 150.00 Euro (gross) per week.
- Applicants must have at least two years of either teaching experience or activity within international organisations and institutions.
- Scholarships are for both junior and senior members of Universities in Developing Countries or members of major research centres and international organisations or institutions with specific interest in the field of development studies.
- CICOPS scholarships are for research collaboration in the short term in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries.
- Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply.
In the issuing of the ranking, the Committee will take into account:
- the scientific relevance of the proposed project, especially when integrated with similar projects developed by the University of Pavia;
- the Curriculum Vitae of the candidate;
- the fair distribution of grants between the department involved and the geographical regions of origin of the applicants.
All applications should include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae ideally in European format with a list of publications
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom you intend to collaborate
To apply, click here.
Deadline: May 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.