Applications are welcome for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars fellowship program 2022.
CIFAR helps early-career researchers think and work outside their silos by facilitating dialogue between diverse disciplines and immersing them in their research programs for a truly enriching experience. They provide early-career researchers opportunities to increase the impact of their research by interacting with leaders both within and outside of academia.
Although CIFAR is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. They recognize that bringing together individuals from multiple backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are integral to advancing excellence and increasing the impact of their organization. In the setting of twice-yearly program meetings, held in cities across Canada and in other parts of the world (or virtually as travel restrictions dictate), CIFAR’s programs bridge disciplines, develop a common language, and regularly spark collaboration and inspiration that lead to new research directions and fields of inquiry.
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put your skills into action.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world.
- They must hold a PhD (or equivalent) degree and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program.
Applications must include:
- An up-to-date CV, including publication list, uploaded as a .pdf document.
- Summary of the value they anticipate from the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar experience, aside from the financial benefits. (400 words maximum).
- A brief statement about three areas of leadership and/or communications skills that they would like to strengthen through their participation in the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program. (100 words maximum).
- Propose areas of potential research interaction and collaboration with Fellows and Advisors of the program. (1000 words maximum).
- A brief statement about how their skills and knowledge will contribute to advancing CIFAR’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. (250 words maximum).
- A short description of their research interests using lay terms for a general audience and public use. (100 words maximum).
- A detailed discussion of their research background and proposed future directions, how this agenda would contribute to the themes and goals of the CIFAR research program to which they are applying, and how participating in the program would advance their research.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 27, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.