Applications are currently ongoing for the Coimbra Group Scholarship Program for Young Sub Saharan African Researchers.
The Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits (generally 1 to a maximum of 3 months) to young African researchers from higher education institutions from Sub-Saharan Africa. The main aim of this scholarship program is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2021 edition of the scheme:
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- Eötvös Loránd University (Hungary)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- Jagiellonian University Krakow (Poland)
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Montpellier 3 Paul-Valéry (France)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- The University of Poitiers (France
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
Duration: 1-3 months
The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this program, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
Applicants should be:
- nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- born on or after 1 January 1976.
- current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- preferably of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply and will be prioritized.
To apply, applicants are to provide the following:
- The name and contact details of an academic supervisor in the receiving Coimbra Group University who will supervise their work during their stay abroad.
- a letter/e-mail of acceptance written by the academic supervisor from the host university where applicants would like to carry out the proposed working plan.
- Applicants can select one institution only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
- The agreed start dates between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the Coimbra Group University.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.