Applications for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are currently open for the 2022/2023 Academic session.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed, low, and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on few courses offered by UK universities. These scholarships are funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.
The aim of the scholarship is to contribute to the development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
The commonwealth for high-quality postgraduate students who wish to access training not available in their home countries, who wish or need to remain in their home country while they study, and who have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.
A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard.
- A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Applications must include the following supporting documentation in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- An offer letter to start the chosen course of study in the 2022-2023 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English).
Deadline: March 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.