The call for applications is currently open for the Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships for Mid-career Professionals.
Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries to spend a period at a UK host organization working in their sector for a program of professional development.
The aim is to provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Each Fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,944 per month, or £2,397 per month.
- If a Fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC.
- Arrival allowance of up to £1,061.10 (rates quoted at 2021/22 levels), including an element for warm clothing
- For the Gender and Sexuality programme a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow to facilitate attendance at events (administered by host organisations).
To be eligible for these Fellowships, prospective Fellows must:
- Be citizens of, or have been granted refugee status by, an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the fellowship programme
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organization that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship
- Provide at least two references, one of which must be from their current employer
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study.
- Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to undertake their fellowship within the full duration of the prescribed dates
To apply for Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships for Mid-career Professionals, click here.
Deadline: August 16, 2023.
For more information on Commonwealth Gender and Sexuality Fellowships for Mid-career Professionals, visit the official site.